Sunday, September 18, 2011

Essay pt. 2

I don't know if we actually have a blog due tomorrow. But I guess I'll write one anyway, just in case. In my essay, I really tried to take apart the image that I selected, analyzing every tiny detail, and exploring every possible meaning of every detail. In this, I don't think I was as thorough as I could be. I think that, if I were to use more space, I could expand all (or most) of my ideas.
I could also introduce new topics. One thought just occurred to me: does the age of the model have an effect on the audience? The answer, of course, is yes. While the shadows make it somewhat difficult to tell, it can be assumed that the model is in his early thirties or late twenties. For many college students, this age appears to be the peak of life. Many students in college, especially those that would be working out at this specific gym, are eighteen to twenty years of age. They are not able to drink yet. Because of this, they look at people over twenty-one with envy and respect. eighteen to twenty year-olds are usually trying to make friends with those over twenty-one. Therefore, a lot of humble servitude is offered in return for alcohol. The appeal for those who are twenty-one and up is also evident in the model's age. Those who are older that twenty-one years look at people about to turn thirty with envy because the latter has been out of college for some time now. They seemingly have everything figured out in life. Compared to  a college student who is close to graduating and who has no idea what will become of himself in the next few years, the life of stability enjoyed by a thirty-year-old has to be very appealing.

I really like writing. Unfortunately, as an engineering major, I won't be doing too much of it in the future. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment