Sunday, September 4, 2011

More Like "Metube"

Well, to start off, I would like to say that I definitely didn't choose this article because it was the shortest and I was too lazy to read all the other ones. I read all the other ones, I promise. I did choose this one because it was short, though. I like shorter pieces, because it leaves more room for me to talk. Without the author elaborating on the subject, I can share some of my own thoughts without actually repeating what he or she said.
That being said, I would like to talk about youtube! I love youtube. I can spend hours on that website. It is entertaining to get little glimpses into other people's lives. Like Michael Strangelove says in his article, we all can relate to these people-even the most strange. "Star Wars Kid" is just some kid twirling around a stick, pretending to be a Jedi. But, really, who hasn't fantasized about being a Jedi? I know I have. Not only have I fantasized about it, but I've also twirled around my fair share of sticks, defeating invisible droids, saving invisible civilians. So much fun! Just as fun at 18 as it was at 8! We've all been there. And that is definitely the appeal of youtube. You watch videos of little kids being cute, and you can remember your own childhood videos.
I actually don't have much more to say. I just really agree with Strangelove. I also like his last name. But I really enjoyed this article. The brevity makes it almost poetic. He says so much with so few words. That is really the measure of a great writer. At least it is for me.
Okay. Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Youtube is a pretty fun site and it definitely has a way of touching the more "human" parts of us.

    ReplyDelete